Tuesday, November 21, 2006

ANGER

The job was a no-go, just like i felt God was warning me about. I was basically working for people who were making money out of vunerable independent companies. They were threatening and in fact the product (educational books) did not even exist. After the first hour when i did not know the extent of it i prayed and asked God to make it clear to me. I returned to my desk with a list that included christian companies such as yfc that i was suppose to target next. That was definetly God telling me to get out of there! I packed my bag and left, taking with me the details of companies i spoke to so that i could ring them up to tell them to cancel the direct debit because they were scammed. I am so angry with this corrupt world and greed. People motivated by money disgusts me. Am feeling really rubbish about this encounter and totally deflated and defeated. It just seems that every time a door opens for me it slams back shut shortly after. I have no energy anymore.

- this is article posted in the Mirror on the company.


CHILD CHARITY BILL ADS UP TO A SCAM
13 July 2006
WE THROW THE BOOK AT CHARITY SCAM
THE girl on the phone was polite and professional. Calling out of the blue from Taylor Tanner Publications she thanked Patrick Gaffney for agreeing to sponsor their Child Safety Awareness Campaign booklets.
Who wouldn't want to support such a worthy cause?
The answer is simple - someone like Patrick who knew that he was being fleeced.
"This girl sounded well trained and thanked me for my earlier agreement to pay them £145 to have my name on their publication," said Patrick, who runs his own educational publishing business in Edinburgh. "I knew straight away it was a scam."
And he was right. This is how Taylor Tanner Publications and firms like it make their despicable livings - by calling companies out of the blue and trying to convince them to pay for something they had never asked for, nor probably even heard of.
"I work alone and I've made no such agreement," says Patrick. "So I asked her when I agreed to this and she said she spoke to me in January. It was a downright lie."
Meanwhile in London, Julian Treasure's advertising firm has also been fighting off Taylor Tanner.
He too has been called and told that he'd previously agreed to sponsor child safety books.
Now Julian has written to Taylor Tanner to say: "I never agreed to this sponsorship and was lied to on the phone by your sales rep when she claimed I had.
"I do not wish to have anything to do with you or your so-called charitable service and will not be paying your invoice."
It would be interesting to know if Taylor Tanner ever actually sue anyone who refused to pay.
We tried to discover the answer but the sole director of Taylor Tanner wasn't keen on chatting. He's 22-year-old Michael Appleby of Newton Heath, Manchester.
When we caught up with him en route to his office in Liverpool he wouldn't even admit to being the firm's boss at first.
So we pointed out that he'd left Michael Appleby's house that morning and was driving the Renault that had been in Appleby's drive.
Only then did he admit to being Taylor Tanner's director, but wouldn't discuss its business methods. "I'm saying nothing," he mumbled. Pity. Because we also wanted to ask how he felt about the many complaints about his company on the Grumbletext website. Including one reading: "CON CON CON!!! SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!"
TWO "charity" book publishers which have also touted for sponsorship face the axe.

1 comment:

Ellen Loudon said...

u r well out of it. well done for escaping the blue meanies!